Merry Christmas from Israeli-occupied Bethlehem via London.
Meanwhile, at the supposed place of Jesus’s birth, the racist Upper Nazareth mayor grinch has banned Christmas trees.
The mayor of a Jewish suburb of Nazareth sparked outrage on Wednesday after refusing to allow Christmas trees to be placed in town squares, calling them provocative.
Predominantly Jewish Nazareth Illit, or Upper Nazareth, is adjacent to Nazareth, where Jesus is said to have spent much of his life. It has a sizable Arab Christian minority, as does mostly Muslim Nazareth itself.
‘The request of the Arabs to put Christmas trees in the squares in the Arab quarter of Nazareth Illit is provocative,’ Mayor Shimon Gapso told AFP.
‘Nazareth Illit is a Jewish city and it will not happen – not this year and not next year, so long as I am a mayor,’ he said of the northern Israeli town.
Here, a new, nasty form of Israeli dendrophobia (phobia of trees) is displayed. Usually, zionists are renowned for burning or chopping rampages of Palestinian olive trees, actions designed to make life less bearable for Palestinians in their own land, to encourage them to vacate so more zionist land thieves can usurp their place.
Elsewhere in the Occupied Territories, brazen atrocities and theft committed by racist dysfunctional Israel have continued unabated. The phobias revealed by Israel’s lunatic fascist acts below include pediaphobia (phobia of children), ovinaphobia (phobia of sheep), oikophobia (phobia of houses), lactaphobia (phobia of milk), alektorophobia (phobia of chickens) and an over-arching xenophobia (fear of outsiders). I am not aware of formal names for the fear of equality nor the fear of human rights, but these phobias can also be added to the list of Israel’s pathologies.
From the Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (16 – 22 December. 2010):
– 5 activists of the Palestinian resistance were killed by IOF in the Gaza Strip.
– Another 4 activists were wounded by Israeli air strikes.
– IOF continued to fire at Palestinian workers, farmers and fishermen in border areas in the Gaza Strip.
– Two Palestinian workers, including a child, and one shepherd were wounded.
– Israeli warplanes attacked a number of targets in the Gaza Strip.
– A factory of dairy products was destroyed in the southern Gaza Strip.
– A house and a grocery were destroyed and another two houses were damaged in Rafah.
– A bird farm was damaged and 1,800 chickens were killed.
– Two sites of the ‘Izziddin al-Qassam Brigades (the armed wing of Hamas) were destroyed.
– IOF continued to use force against peaceful protests in the West Bank.
– 5 Palestinian civilians were wounded.
– IOF arrested 5 human rights defenders.
– IOF conducted 34 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
– IOF arrested 22 Palestinian civilians, including two children.
– Israel has continued to impose a total siege on the OPT and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
– Israel has continued to take measures aimed at creating a Jewish demographic majority in Jerusalem.
– IOF demolished a houses and forced two Palestinian civilians to demolish their houses in Jerusalem.
– IOF have continued settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
– Israeli settlers attacked two children in Jenin and burnt sheep in Nablus.
– IOF demolished a house in Bethlehem and 4 stores in Hebron.
– IOF confiscated 50 donums of land in Beit Eksa village near Jerusalem.
Palestine / Israel Links
‘Israel approves 13,000 settlement units’
‘The Palestine Cables’: Gaza is a burning issue from Egypt to Latin America to Pakistan, to John Kerry being ’shocked by what I saw’
Israeli officer claims Goldstone report will not restrict IDF in future war
Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (16 – 22 December. 2010)
Soldier assaults B’Tselem worker on latter’s land
Postscript on the new McCarthyism
U.S. criticizes PA bid to take settlement construction to UN
Blast from the Past Evergreen – A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm
Austrian Jews chide Likud MK for meeting far-right leader
Right-wing Israelis rally to kick Arabs out of Bat Yam
The tyranny of the Israeli majority
Australian BDS Movement Begins to Emerge
Major success for the anti-settlements campaign: Multilock to close West Bank factory
Settlement expansion in Palestine rises by 65 per cent
Netanyahu Accuses the Palestinians Of Obstructing Peace
UN envoys criticize Israel home demolitions
Wikileaks Cable Shows US Involvement in Swedish Anti-Piracy Efforts
Israeli airstrikes target Rafah
Abulhawa: Delegitimization? We are merely drawing back the curtain on child arrests and confiscation of water
Only a strong political center will halt Israel’s racist frenzy (not enough, zionism is doomed and in its final horrific flailing incarnation
Left-wing students fight university ban of ‘libelous’ flyer featuring Lieberman
The Bluster of a Zionist Thug
Hamas threatens Israel with retaliation
Christians in Palestine
Assange says ‘high chance’ he would be killed in US jail
US Army launches WikiLeaks probe
Julian Assange: my fate will rest in Cameron’s hands if US charges me
Supposed wikileak yet to be published: US memo: Israel bombed Syrian reactor
Cuba puts ‘imperialist’ US Wikileaks online
Norway’s top diplomat finds WikiLeaks “fascinating”
Norwegian Paper Obtains WikiLeaks Cable Haul
The Case of Julian Assange
WikiLeaks to ‘prove’ Mossad behind Dubai murder
What WikiLeaks revealed to the world in 2010
Anthropology, Secrecy, and Wikileaks
WikiLeaks Reveals the Crimes of the Congressional-Big Agra Complex
We’re no pawns: Assange accusers
Bickering warriors in coalition of unwilling : Mistrust, indecision and hostility undermined Australia’s alliance with the Dutch and Americans in what was supposed to be a united front
FBI: Don’t Spy on Us Say Minneapolis Activists
Obama administration preparing executive order to authorize indefinite detentions
Pentagon’s Christmas Present: Largest Military Budget Since World War II
Supporters Demand Justice for Aafia Siddiqui
The United States and Africa Security Cooperation and the Africa Command (AFRICOM)
Australia rejects Israeli ordered Media censorship on Al-Manar