The latest sinister efforts of the Israeli agitprop machine to obscure the Zionist’s state real intent and historical narrative is chronicled at the Jewish Herald-Voice.
The aim is to fight the media and web war against Israel for Israel by blogging and using social networks like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, as well as posting talkbalks on a range of media sites.
The task force was set up at the Israel offices of StandWithUs and IDC Herzliya, in coordination with the IDC Raphael Recanati International School, the Sammy Ofer School of Communications and the Asper New Media Fellowship. Another special “Web Situation Room” has been set up at the Jerusalem headquarters of StandWithUs. The efforts are coordinated with StandWithUs’ New York office, which is spearheading the U.S. Internet offensive. The situation rooms are linked to all the relevant authorities spokespeople and to people reporting and live-blogging on the scene as rockets fall.
They are working around the clock to respond in real-time to online criticism of Israel and to help counter misinformation about the situation. The Internet task force is made up of volunteer bloggers, including some prominent names in New Media, giving their time and energy to the cause. Within its first full day of operation, more than 3,500 activists had enlisted.
Goebbels would be envious.
Here are the facts the Hasbaraniks are currently attempting to obscure:
From the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (www.pcbs.gov.ps) and various NGOs:
* 1,334 killed, one-third of them children (more children than ‘militants’ were killed)
* 5,450 injured, one-third of them children
* 100,000 displaced, 50,000 made homeless
* 4,100 residential homes and buildings destroyed, 17,000 damaged (together accounting for 14 percent of all buildings in Gaza)
* 29 destroyed educational institutions, including the American International School
* 92 destroyed or damaged mosques
* 1,500 destroyed shops, factories and other commercial facilities
* 20 destroyed ambulances
* 35-60% of agricultural land ruined
* $1.9 billion in total estimated damages